We offer DMV
Frequently Asked Questions
Adult Driver Training FAQ
If I purchase private drive lessons how long before I can get them scheduled? How long is each lesson?
- Lessons may be scheduled immediately.
- Wait time before first appointment depends on your availability and instructor openings.
Are your vehicles equipped to assist the instructors if my student needs help during a lesson? If so, what special equipment is standard and what is available to accommodate students?
- All of our vehicles are equipped with a dual control brake and instructor mirrors. We have the following adaptive equipment available if needed:
- peddle extenders
- turn signal extension
- telescoping steering wheels
- seat belt extenders
After my student completes private driving lessons is there any certificate or something stating that they took the lessons. Will that help with insurance?
- Certificates may be issued upon request.
- Any and all charges must be paid in full before a certificate of completion will be issued.
- Lost, damaged, or missing certificates of completion can be replaced with a duplicate for a handling fee of $10.00
My student does have their permit. I am not sure whether the Teen program is better for them or just the private drive lessons. What do you think? What is the big difference in the two?
- Students under the age of 18 will need to take the both the classroom and BTW prior to licensure unless a parent supervises driving for an additional 50 hours (100 hours total.
- The classroom instruction prepares the students for BTW lessons and expands their knowledge of safe driving practices. Your insurance company will likely want to see that your student has completed an ODOT certified course before granting a discount on premiums.
Can I get a refund if I’m still not able to pass my driver’s test?
- ODEC is in the business of providing a service, namely the service of providing training and knowledge. Knowledge is a non-material commodity that cannot be returned or exchanged; therefore we cannot refund money for services already provided.
- Payment is due in full prior to the first day of instruction.
- If the account has no activity (scheduled driving or classes) for a period in excess of 6 months then a $25.00 reactivation fee will be charged prior to the first day.
- If a student cancels a lesson (scheduled driving or classroom instruction) with less than 72 hours notice, has no permit, is a no show, or is otherwise unable to conduct the scheduled lesson then a $55 fee will be assessed.
- Lessons canceled within 4 hours of the scheduled time are considered no shows. The no-show fee is $110.00.
What is the difference between teen classes & private lessons?
- The private lessons are one-on-one driving lessons.
- Teen classes are ODOT approved and geared for 15 to 17 year olds with a permit. They include classroom instruction as well as drive lessons.
Can I get training in a car with a manual transmission?
- Yes, but you must provide a fully insured and street legal vehicle with manual transmission. You must have one lesson in our vehicle with automatic transmission and instructor brake prior to this training. If the instructor determines it is safe to ride with you without an instructor brake, you may have additional lessons in your own vehicle.
Do you have bilingual instructors?
- Yes. They are available in limited areas upon request only.
I have completed lessons with your instructors and want to take my DMV drive test. Can I use your company car?
- We provide DMV Class C drive tests for the state of Oregon. We provide a vehicle for these tests. For more information please visit our DRIVE TEST PAGE.
If I buy a drive lesson can you teach me the DMV drive route?
- No. The state does not allow us to take students on the test routes prior to licensing.
How much driving experience should I have before scheduling the Xtreme Driver Control Course? Do I need a permit or license?
- You are not required to have a permit or license because it is a closed course. However, we recommend at least 20 hours of behind the wheel experience before taking the course.
Are you an ODOT approved school?
- Yes, however the private lessons do not qualify for the ODOT certificate. You must complete the entire teen program and be 15-17 years of age to qualify.